My favorite cocktail of all time is the Pepper Smash cocktail that Victor Tangos off Henderson Ave in Dallas Texas served. Victor Tangos shutdown 12/30/2017. Since then, I have been trying to figure out the perfect recipe to mimic it. I’ve come pretty damn close I think, so I am sharing my recipe!
Ingredients (for 1 cocktail so adjust as needed):
- High quality Vodka or Gin (I used Grey Goose and it tasted great)
- ½ Lemon
- 2 table spoons Clover Honey
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 cup Light Lemonade (I used this brand but anything works)
- Chop up ½ of 1 red bell pepper and a handful of fresh mint then place into blender.
- Add into blender: 1 cup of lemonade, 2 table spoons of clover honey (or more if you want it sweeter), squeeze ½ lemon.
- Pulse the blender 2 or 3 times. A very small amount. I found this much easier than muddling the ingredients which I tried as well. Not a fan.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a cocktail shaker.
- Add 2 shots of either vodka or gin into the cocktail shaker (or more if you are feeling it)
- Shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour onto ice and enjoy.
- Use extra mint and bell pepper for garnish of course.