This course introduces students to project risk and quality management and develops advanced skills in applying the project management tools & techniques learned in ICT 4100 (prerequisite course). A focused examination of scheduling, cost, quality, and risk management processes using advanced tools & techniques is included. Emphasis is placed on the project planning, execution, and monitoring & controlling processes.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify opportunities for using tools & techniques to improve project performance throughout the project life cycle.
- Explain the six project risk management and the three project quality management processes.
- Apply advanced tools & techniques to scope, schedule, cost, risk, and quality processes.
- Use advanced features in Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) software, e.g., MS Project, to support PM activities through the life cycle.
- Construct and present comprehensive risk and quality management plans.
- Enhance and present a project applying the knowledge acquired during the course.